Wednesday 16 March 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This here is the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that I used to do most of my project on. I used pretty much every program on this laptop, as well as some work on the school computer.


To transfer my work from my laptop at home to school, I either brought my laptop to school, or I sent my work via e-mail through windows live messenger:
To take images of my artists and other components, I used this Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P100 camera:

I gained skills on Adobe Photoshop Elements, which is what I used to construct my magazine cover, contents and DPS:

I used youtube.com to show inspiration for my magazine:

I created a lot of coursework posts using microsoft Powerpoint:

I then posted all my coursework slides on my blog:


Also, I have used a range of websites to present my work:



Since I started my coursework, I hadn't used a range of the programs and websites that I have just mentioned such as Prezi, slideshare and animoto.
  I also developed a lot of my skills on other programs like Adobe Photoshop, and learnt how to use a lot more features than before. In particular, I learnt to use the magic wand tool, which allowed me to select sections of my image, perfectly to the boundary. This meant that I could delete, colour, or add texture to any clear section of an image. I also learnt to use the layers quite easily. At first, I didn't really understand the use of layers, as I liked to work on 1 whole layer, but after lots of practice, I learnt that I could manipulate specific parts of the image by creating different layers. As well as these, I learnt how a range of the tools worked so that my final product looked a lot more professional. Some of these tools were: Custom shape tool, line tool, red eye removal tool, magnetic lasso tool, and others. By using the large range of features available to me from Photoshop, I managed to create a much more professional looking product than what I would have been able to do before starting the course.
 Since this project, I now feel quite confident in most of the programs that I've used and may use them again when presenting work again.


No comments:

Post a Comment