Saturday 19 March 2011

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



Click above for voice recording. Beneath is the script for the recording:

I think that I am going to use ‘Future PLC’ as these seem the best option available to me to sell my product. ‘Future PLC’ also publishes well known magazines such as ‘Classic Rock’ and ‘Guitarist,’ which have similar target market to me. Future and other magazine publishers have the responsibility of helping production of magazines so that it can be distributed to the general public. Over the years Future have made a wide variety of magazines that are music based as well as other genres i.e. games based, camera magazines etc. They have distributed magazines with similar genres to mine such as ‘Classic Rock’ and ‘Guitarist’ but I believe they would still distribute mine as I am aiming mine at a teenage audience unlike those other magazines that are aimed at an older age group, hence the name Classic Rock. Future make massive revenue’s consistently every year, for example, 162.9 million in 2008 and 153.1 million, so therefore I think that they would be a good company to invest in my magazine as they would be able to provide good funding and their experience would be helpful to make my magazine more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment